Here are 5 things you need to know about Radio Frequency:
- Radio Frequency does not damage the epidermis, the top layer of your skin, at all. The treatment works by sending radio frequency energy to the deeper skin layers and heating them. The heat activates the body’s wound healing responses causing it to kick in and produce collagen. Increased collagen production causes the skin to tighten and allows for a more youthful skin tone.
- Your skin will be thoroughly cleansed prior to your treatment area to remove any makeup, oil, or dirt. The technician will then apply a thin coat of ultrasound gel. The ultrasound gel works as a conductor allowing the heat to pass through the skin without burning you. It also helps the head of the Radio Frequency machine to glide smoothly across the skin.
- Radio Frequency usually only causes minimal discomfort but the discomfort level can vary depending on the device and the settings used for the session. Pain medication is not required but may be used depending on the individuals needs.
- Depending on your treatment area, one Radio Frequency session may take anywhere from several minutes to one hour to complete. Treating the body will usually be a longer session time than treatment on the face.
- Radio Frequency can be used as a non invasive skin tightening technique on all skin types with a minimal risk to change in the skin.
Several sessions are sometimes needed to get the desired skin tightening result (results can be seen after just one session) but this treatment is an excellent option for those who want tighter skin on the face or the body, but who do not want to undergo an invasive surgical procedure. It’s also a perfect alternative for those who want results and want to be able to resume activity immediately. While Radio Frequency results will not equal the results of a face lift or body tuck procedure, they will provide results for less time, money, and risk.