Here are five things you should know about DermaFrac™, the latest skin rejuvenation system:
- It is a micro-needling procedure that can treat a variety of skin issues including aging, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin texture, acne scars, and stretch marks. If you’re wondering what all these conditions have in common it’s collagen. Collagen production in the skin is lacking and needs a jump start in order to correct these skin concerns and that’s just what DermaFrac™ does.
- Micro-needling may sound a little frightening, but it is a painless procedure now offered at Institut’ DERMed in Atlanta. Here’s how it works: microscopic stainless steel needles on a roller are rolled across the skin in order to puncture it. By using the micro-needle roller, client’s skin will be wounded in the dermis allowing the skin to begin regenerating with its own collagen production.
- Discomfort during this treatment is minimal with no bleeding or risk of pigment changes in the skin.
- DermaFrac™ opens up the skin to allow topical serums (including anti-aging serums) to penetrate the skin more effectively creating youthful results. By creating microchannels in the skin, corrective serums penetrate by up to 80 percent, which stimulates collagen.
- It is a result- producing treatment for all skin types, including ethnic and sensitive skin. Ethnic skin and darker skin tones are limited in treatments, such as laser rejuvenation, due to the potential hyper or hypopigmentation effects but DermaFrac™ is a safe alternative.